My Cats...and a rat!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tristanichole

In addition to the 5 dogs and 3 chins, we also have 5 cats and a rat.

Gidget and Sam were rescues and have been with me since they were 4 weeks old. They are almost 4.
Gidget is a Lilac and Chocolate lynx point and has some flame splotches on the backs of her legs.
Sam is a Flame point.
n502678932_9215_335.jpg

Not the greatest picture of Juppy (don't laugh, his name is pronounced Jew-pea...it was supposed to be short for Jupiter, but it never got that far)
He was found in our yard by Libby on a really cold winter night...she wouldn't go in without him...I didn't know what she was looking at until he meowed at me. He looks to be a Nebelung, though rare, he looks exactly like one. You can't tell much in this picture because of the way he's laying...
We believe he was around 7 months old when found; he's just about 4 now
n502678932_162604_8683.jpg

Apollo - came to us at 6 months old and just turned 3. He is a Bengal/Pixie Bob mix...and a clown...need I say more?
n502678932_162551_1830.jpg

Blake on Christmas covered in cat nip and surrounded by furry mice...can it be any better? Blake came to us at 9 months and is now 2 years old.
photo.php

And here is Lucy the rat!
l_26568f9188e645dd82a6a803a61bec05.jpg

She's in a much larger cage now =)

I am a huge cat lover, I have had them all my life, and your cats are beautiful. I care for a lot of stray cats and had adopted 3 of them to live in my home, although I just recently lost one due to illness. You sure have a busy household with all the animals you care for! Your husband must also be an avid animal lover. My husband doesn't share the same passion for animals and I have to fight him over any animals I bring in! I usually win, though, in the end! Although if I had my way, I'd have a ton more animals!

He does have a great passion for them, I think it grew a lot stronger after we met though. I've never in my life been without an animal. Our town does a trap, neuter/spay, and release program here for any cats that just don't want to live indoors. I really like it. Any other town I lived in I would be picking up any stray I found, but in this town I see strays every day and I know they are ok. They wander around close to the shelter (I'm 5 blocks away and I see so many cats outside all the time) because the shelter actually has a little house outside for them that has food and water and stays cool in the summer and warm in the winter. They try to keep everyone utd on their shots too. It's really neat.

Very lovely kitties!!!

And your rat is really cute too!! I used to have a pet rat but I am HORRIBLY allergic to them. I had her for a few months but allergies just got worse and worse and I started getting allergy related asthma which I have never had in my life.

That, with the welts and hives I would get from touching her lead me to give her away to a friend. But they are AWESOME pets!!!

I actually took my rat in from a friend who didn't have the time for her anymore...come to find out I'm horribly allergic to her and can't hold her. She has a huge cage that she can run around in, but as far as taking her out...its rare. I feel bad, but she causes such issues all over my skin!

Latest posts

Back