Mr. Chinny LOVES American Idol!?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michelle43

Oh great I thought I wouldn't get sucked into it this season... I turned the episode on because I wanted to see how the new judges would be.

Mr. Chinny had the oddest reaction. His cage is in the living room and he can see the TV from his cage. Before the show he was running around and playing, just generally very active. The show came on and every time one of the contestants started singing he would stop in his tracks and listen. It was hilarious, at first I thought it was a fluke but nope, he did it the whole 2 hours.

Looks like I will be watching this season, or at least be watching Mr. Chinny watching it.

Jemma loves infomercials and food network. Ninja likes cartoons. Sometimes Atlas will watch too but Zim and the little girls don't really care.

I think they react to certain sounds. My chin flips a nut when I play acoustic guitar, but not so much when I play songs from my laptop. I know she would sort of sit and be enrapt in the TV when I had one in my room.

It's pretty cute.

Trixie is like that too. She loves singing, dancing and music. At first I thought it was the sparkly movement, but even when she is in her playroom, which is next to livingroom, she will stop and listen if she hears music and singing on the TV..which is right on the wall between the livingroom and her playroom.
At first I thought she was just being a girly girl...until I realized she will watch football and boxing when Rick has it on, too.

My guys have radio and I like to switch the stations every couple days. They seem to like the country best! lol. Val will sit and listen for hours, and you can tell thats what hes doing because as soon as the song ends he runs off to play with the other guys.

It is so neat how they can distinguish music. Chinny watches TV every night with us but the signing he really enjoyed. I will have to turn the cartoon network on for him tomorrow and see how he reacts.

I do leave the radio on (classical) for him every night, might switch it to country or something with voices now.

Back