Moving the boys to the basement?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jordanln97

Cuddling Extraordinaire
My house has a finished basement that is safe from flooding and any other underground nightmares. I spend most of my time there because it's where the largest TV and the DVR are located. The chins are currently in my room, but my mom wants me to move them to the basement. She thinks they'll be happier spending the days with me but I just hate the idea of not being able to spend the nights with them, even if the wheel is incredibly noisy. Any thoughts or suggestions? :hmm:

They'll probably love the basement since it will, most likely, be cooler ( temp wise). That's where my 2 boys live! :)

Yep, we have all of our chins in our finished basement as well. Much cooler for them year round, only I do have to run a dehumidifier for about 2-3 months in the summer when the humidity gets above 50-55% in the basement.

mine are in the basement too! It's also kinda nice you don't feel as terrible about pooh flying everywhere!! You'll proabably sleep a little better too! They might too during the day!

My chin room is also located in the basement and I've had no issues, I just have to run a dehumidifier late spring through early fall. Oh, and I also keep a baby monitor in their room too.

Latest posts

Back