Mounting?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yuudoku.Niji

My male chinchilla, Ashe, keeps trying to mount [or what i think is mounting] my hand/arm. What do I do? Its kinda weirding me out and I don't want to not handle him because of this.

It's normal. Tribble does it when I clean his cage sometimes. Just ignore it.

Just push him away when he tries so that he knows he's not supposed to do that. You can try getting him a cuddle buddy, a fleece stuffed animal, to take his aggressions out on. Annie O sells the most adorable ones. She's on the forum here, or Chin Chic on fb and etsy. Or you can try and make one yourself. I have 2 that I made myself that are really just pillows. Just make sure that you make it out of fleece, hide the seams, and stuff it with fleece.

Just push him away when he tries so that he knows he's not supposed to do that. You can try getting him a cuddle buddy, a fleece stuffed animal, to take his aggressions out on. Annie O sells the most adorable ones. She's on the forum here, or Chin Chic on fb and etsy. Or you can try and make one yourself. I have 2 that I made myself that are really just pillows. Just make sure that you make it out of fleece, hide the seams, and stuff it with fleece.

I do push him away and he has one of those cuddle buddies that I got from camphor chins, he just runs away from it and wont go near it D:

One of my boys was really bad about this. We pushed him gently away each time and than gave him the cuddle buddy. I often wondered if it was a dominance thing but eventually he's calmed and stopped doing this most of the time.

Back