More Entertaining Playtime?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buckeyetex

First off, I am not 100% sure if this belongs in this section, if it doesn't please tell me and I will repost in the correct section. Anyways... I exercise my chinchilla, Ashes, daily for an hour. I have had him for almost 5 months now, and it seems he is starting to get bored when running around. Does anyone have any suggestions for games I can play with him or toys to make for him to play with during playtime? I have tried giving him chew toys during playtime, but he isn't interested. Any suggestions to make his playtime more entertaining would be wonderful. Thanks!

We would save or buy different sized cardboard boxes and make holes of varying sizes in them. Then we would stack them or lay them out in different formations and let our chins explore all around and inside them. They would love it when we changed it up some and they had a "new" place to explore, but all we did was move them around like dice. It was fun to watch them climb in and out and jump around them too. When the boxes got too pee'd on, or chewed up, or just plain boring, we would replace with new boxes. They never tired of it.

I am having the same problem with my 2 year old chinchilla. He runs around during play time but then seems to get bored. I like the card board idea. So it is safe to use any card board box?

In the UK we could buy a cardboard castle.
Ours LOVED it!

I'd keep googling to see what Rabbit/Rodent cardboard toys are out there and if none, get creative :)

Michelle I just wanted to say thank you for your link given above as I've been looking for something like this to keepy my Chinnys entertained.

Back