Monsters vs. Aliens

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TillyChinchilla

Anybody seen this? I was a little disappointed, but it gets filed in the "cute" category for me. I enjoy 3-D movies so this was a chance to see another one, but I wouldn't have spent the money if I knew how I felt about it now.

Animation was great, though. And Seth Rogan was, as always, very funny.

I saw it. The theatre was packed so we had to sit WAY close. The kids loved it. I thought it was ok. I have to admit that I nodded off for a few minutes towards the end!

I took our kids to see it and I was actually quite happy with it. I get so tired of cartoons being violent, or having some sort of sexual humor that they try to play down. And then even in some Pixar / Disney cartoons they have curse words(Incredibles was PG..and it was a cartoon!)

I probably won't ever watch this movie again, but would let my boys buy the DVD and watch it over and over..lol

I took our kids to see it and I was actually quite happy with it. I get so tired of cartoons being violent, or having some sort of sexual humor that they try to play down. And then even in some Pixar / Disney cartoons they have curse words(Incredibles was PG..and it was a cartoon!)

I probably won't ever watch this movie again, but would let my boys buy the DVD and watch it over and over..lol

Oh i know. It really upsets me that those things are even an element needed. There is no reason for it. Toy story taught kaiden idiot & moron. I was in total shock that they said that. I hate the fact that so many movies that appeal to kids have to have the stuff in them.

Sigh, no wonder they are growing up faster & faster. Ahh little rant.

Anyways, i havent seen it yet, but was hoping it would be fairly reasonable for a toddler. Kaiden loves both monsters & Aliens, so this is right up his ally. This will be the first movie we take him to! YAY!:dance3:

I totally hear ya about the words idiot and moron. My pet peeve is the word "stupid" and that seems to be in Spongebob all the time. Its hard enough teaching two boys that are close in age to respect each other without Patrick or Squidward calling each other stupid. I am very close to banning TV in our house all together.. the video games already are on a limited basis..

okay.. enough of my rant.. LOL

Oh.. fyi they did keep saying OMG (the letters not the phrase) in the movie, which I didn't care for but that did go over my boys head. Also, they did have two instances where they implied the "f" word , I had forgotten about that and my husband just reminded me. Might not be buying it after all.

Back