Mom and baby chin HELP!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guiltyby_design

FuzzButt Lover.
I met a women at petland today and she has a female chin and she just had a kit YESTERDAY, told me she was going to let them loose because she can't take care of them!
I was like WOAH no way! I'll take them!! so i am picking them up tomorrow.
I have no expierence with baby chins! I have had chins in the past, but none have had babies.
I have read http://www.chins-n-hedgies.com/forum...hread.php?t=21
but i was just wondering if there was any VITAL information i should know?
how often do i dust bath mom, i use to do my others 2-3 times a week can i do the same now?
any certain food mom should/shouldnt have?
Baby proofing the cage? How? what to have in and take out.

Thanks so much everyone!!

I take care of my mom's the same way I do all the others, feed, water and hay. The only difference is watching kits to be sure they are being cared for ( feel full, gaining weight) and I watch moms for mastitis and to make sure they are eating and not looking worn out

Mom can dust whenever you do your other dusting. You need to be sure they are in a baby safe cage with no more than 1/2 x 1 inch wire openings, or the kit can escape. Get a gram scale and weigh the baby once a day at the same time each day to make sure mom has milk and the kit is gaining.

Latest posts

Back