Mites? What is this?!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smidgeyy

So someone that I follow on instagram posted about how their chins had mites and they've been getting revolution(every 2 weeks for over a month) but it's not improving. I've been under the impression that mites cannot survive in their fur so I questioned it.

They own piggies as well who the vet got positive samples from, then I believe the mites made their way over to the chins(Housed in the room I'm sure).

Here are the photos that I was just sent. The first one was when it was just starting, the other is now.

chinchillaface.jpg

That poor little chinny nose, it's so sad to look at. Have you guys seen anything similar? I've never seen something like this in a chin so I'm stumped, which was why I thought I would post here. This is all the information that I have, if you have specific questions let me know so I can send them over to the owner.

EDIT::::: Okay so that was an older photo. Apparently about half of his chins had mites, that particular one has healed for the most part. He says some are still infected and he knows the mites are still there. He says he walks in and he can feel them bite him.

I've never dealt with anything like this in chins so any recommendations would be great.

Last edited:
Back