Mirrors and chinchillas

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x3ndless

Human Chin Jungle Gym
So today during playtime i decided to take mitsi into the bathroom instead of a chin room. She finally got up to the counter with the mirror, then things got interesting. I think she thought that on the other side of the mirror it was another room with another chin in it. She started tapping against the mirror and walked away. I thought she was done with the mirror as she walked away. She turned around and dashed straight into the mirror. Shes fine but I found it extremely funny.

Hahaha.... see none of my chins care about mirrors, I've put them in various spots in the playroom to see what their reaction would be but they hardly even look at it! One of mine will stare at it for awhile before moving, but I think she might just be staring off into space. That's the cutest thing to see when a baby or animal first recognizes their refection :)

yea my chinnies dont care either. but the 1st time i saw them staring and trying to hide and them stare at it for like 3o seconds. i love when they do the funniest things =D soo cute!

We took Tibbit to a Chinchilla field day in Hermiston OR and I let him out for playtime in the bathroom/closet area. The closets were all mirrored and I opened one about a foot. Tibbit was so funny! He saw his reflection and went crazy trying to find the other chinny!

I acquired a dance-studio sized mirror panel that Nixi is beyond obsessed with. She'll sit in front of that thing all day if I let her, posing and all. Of course, as soon as I pull out the cell phone to try to get a video, she darts away. Such a brat!

That's cute that your chin reacted to the mirror image!

hmm... I only showed my chin a small hand mirror, but maybe a bigger mirror will solicit a response from her.

Back