Minimize dust/fur in the air?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have an air filter in front of there cage. it helps some but you still have to clean the filters every so often

ionic_pro_therapure_300x300.jpg

Thats the one i have. It doesnt come close to getting ALL the hair, but it does a decent job. But it rly helps with the dust from the sand bath. I give them there bath at night, turn that on to med. by the time i wake up its mostly gone from the air, which is could cause i have problems with that stuff.

I bath my guys in a separate room, that cuts down a lot on how much dust is in here (they are in the same room as my computers). When I have bathed them in here I just threw a sheet over the small cage I have their bath house in while they bathed.

Right now their room is being remodeled a bit so they are in a smaller spare room, so I've been putting fleece over the small cage they bath in, but I am hoping to make a small play area in their room and let them bath and play while their cages are being cleaned.

The dust/fur doesn't bother me personally, however, it's killing their ac's. lol They have 2; one was bought last summer and the other the summer before. It's doing a number on them and the filter is cleaned every 2 days.

Dusting getting on things isn't a problem as they have their own room so the ac's are the only things it is really hurting.

Latest posts

Back