Milo update!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milo10

So as you all know, Milo had a inner ear infection and was put on a antibiotic for it. Well she is off of it now. No head tilting, circling or seizures. So far so good! But shes still not wanting to eat her food. Shes drinking but not eating. I've been feeding her critcal care, and even tryed the puffed pellets. She won't eat the puffed pellets. How lomg does it take for them to start eating their food again?

It can depend on the chin. Unfortunately, I don't know specifics but I do know when I was hand feeding my chin when she had gas, she got used to it and made me think she still couldn't eat. I fed her a little one day and didn't feed her again that day. Low and behold, she started eating early that night.

If Milo has lost a lot of weight, you might not want to try and see if she is just being oportunistic and taking advantage of being fed. But if there is no medical reason for her to stop eating, she should eventually eat when she is hungry. It's just a thought, though I would wait to see if more experienced members chime in.

Quick question - How do chins get ear infections?

I agree with caiti's suggestion, if she is medically stable enough to try it. She could be holding out.

Honestly I don't know how they get them! I took her to the vets an he told me she had a inner ear infection. But shes doing much better. Maybe I'll give it a couple days for it. I just took her off the Baytril yesterday! Shes been on it for 10 days now...

She hasn't lost weight, its still 353 g The same weight she was when we took her into the vets last saturday.

Does she like CC? Is she a easy feeder? If yes to both she may like CC too much and will hold out for it. If she hates it and you fight feeding she has no appetite yet, baytril does that to chins.

Shes doing really good!!! Everything going ok. She still circles every now and then. But other than that Shes doing WONDERFUL! I'm so thankful everyday that I got her out of the petstore. Because I know if I didn't she would probably be dead! :)

Back