Midnight Misadventure

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChilliPepper

ok, it was more like 3am. I had trouble falling asleep last night. I was in bed, trying to fall asleep and I was hearing these noises. It sounded like the cat was in the closet, but we were calling her and she was not talking back- if you have ever had a siamese, you know that is unusual. Then we hear other noises, and then hubby asks if I gave the boys their dust bath. I said no.
But we could hear someone was in the dust bath, which is a few feet from their cage. So we jumped out of bed, and hurried into the next room, turn on the light and there is Chilli, just hopping around, like the world is cool. We get him scooped up and start looking for Pepper. I went back into the hallway just in time to see Pepper run from the bedroom with our siamese in hot pursuit! I yelled out her name and distracted her, and hubby managed to corner Pepper in the kitchen and pick him up. And those two were MAD about having to go back in the cage! I had to give them shreddies to settle them down, lol.
Turned out that when hubby weighed Chilli, he forgot to close the bottom door and put him back in through the top one. First time in almost 6 years!

Yikes!! I've had a couple escapees myself, with a kitty cat in pursuit! I think she wants to bat them around more than she wants to hurt them, though! Thank goodness for insomnia, right?? lol

Scary! I had one escape last night also. I woke up next to him! His cage was in my room though because he's getting special attention, so he didn't get far :D

that's scary! I've also woke up to escaped chins in the past! I have 2 cats, one is terrified of the "giant mice" and runs to hide and the other is my "hero".....she will chase the chins into my bedroom under the bed and then keep them cornered there meowing at the top of her lungs until I get up to see what her deal is....and there she is holding a chin in the corner under my bed!!! she has no claws so she can't hurt them, though I don't think she would anyway.
I've learned my lesson now, I keep the door closed to their room just incase!

My husband gets up at 3:00 every morning. One morning he woke me up at 4:00, holding Sammy in his hands and he asked which cage she belonged in. I told him and got up to check if anyone else was loose. Turned out that I had not properly latched the cage door when I checked on them before bed and both Wile E. and Sam had escaped. My husband found Sam in the dining room. My cat was watching her and meowing at my husband. Old ace (the cat) is always very helpful if a chinchilla is loose. He parks himself near it and meows until someone gets the chin. Anyway, Wile had actually made it all the way to the back of the house and was in my bedroom. I had heard noise from the vertical blinds and checked there first. He wasn't in the blinds so I just called his name and started looking around the room. All of a sudden, I feel something on the back of my ankle. There was Wile E. looking up at me like "Hi, mom. What's up?" They can be so silly!

Latest posts

Back