Meyenberg goat milk source for those who want to have it on hand

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6Dusters

Not sure where to post this thread so your welcome to move it.

When I had quads born here last year I had a hard time hunting down a powder source of goat milk. I could find the liquid at Walmart but I needed powder to add to ground pellets. As I didn't have a name for the source at that time, I had to call around town and find it at a health food market.

Today I had a look at the company web page. This is an American company in California. ( please note they only ship domestic ) On the web page they do have a purchase area. However it only offers bulk pouch or can case orders. That is too much for me. But the good news is the link to a store locater for those needing less.

http://meyenberg.com/

The can size I bought is 12 ounces. More then I needed. Once opened the instructions read to store sealed in a cool dry place for up to 8 weeks. New unopened can has a shelf life of several years! Very nice. I also sipped a sample and its pretty darned good. You can taste the whole fat content which is nice and rich slightly sweet.

There is additional information quoted from the web page for our human mothers that maybe of help. See as follows:

Our Powdered Goat Milk has a protein composition that is closest to breast milk and it is ideal for mothers who want a real milk alternative for their cow milk and/or soy sensative children. Our Powdered Goat Milk is easy to digest and has the nutritional benefits of being higher in calcium, vitamins A & B, and potassium than cow's milk.

Back