Metronidazle help

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alanson009

Morning All

Posted in the emergency section regarding Bunty my 22 year old chinchilla and very soft stool

She had giardia, the results of the test found. She has been given Metronidazle and thankfully the problem has cleared up

A new on has developed, whilst active, playful, eating and drinking, she is not going to the toilet at all

Any help or advice about this matter would be much appreciated

I have given her some fibreplex probiotic and criticial care last night, which you may deem odd given she is eating, I wanted to keep her system as active as possible

Please someone help me, she is my everything

This may seem strange but do you have a safe enclosed place she has never been that she can be left alone for 20-30 min? something like a enclosed shower or bathtub area? We need to see if she can poo and of all the chins and all the times I needed to know, giving the chin a little extra stress gets the GI tract moving big time. If she can poo she will poo. Put her in the area and leave her, no peeking, she needs to know you are not around and she needs to be thinking about escape. If you still see no poo, contact the vet about a motility drug-its a drug that increases the contractions of the digestive tract.

Latest posts

Back