Metal Pan Replacement Help!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellylynnmarie

lovin' my chinny boys!
I'm looking to replace all of the 4 plastic pans in my Critter Nation with the metal pans ASAP. I'm looking at Bass but only see the bottom level and the middle level (with the cut=out). I need both of those but also need to find metal pans for the 2 smaller shelves. Where did others get theirs? And do they fit the shelf in the critter nation correctly? Any help would be appreciated!! Looking to do this ASAP. Thanks!

I assume your taking about the little half size shelf? What happened to the ones you have? Usually I don't hear about them being destroyed to often.
You can always take a slab of chin safe wood and cut it to the dimensions you want. Use some double edge screws (forget there name) and washers to attach it to the cage where ever you'd like.

I have emailed Bass but will call on Monday to see about a custom order. I've never had a problem before but all of a sudden, my boy is constantly trying to chew on the plastic of the half shelves. We've been in this cage for 4 years without a problem, so not sure why it's starting now. He has plenty (very spoiled!) to chew on. And I was able to cover one of them with fleece last night to prevent further chewing, but would like to get a metal replacement as soon as possible.

Back