Metal door guards?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABBY W.

Ok, I have tried the plastic door edge protectors, but they just get chewed up. I remember seeing metal ones that you clamp on over the edge of the door frame, but I can't remember where I saw them. Does anyone know where I can find these?

I heard that Quality Cage switched over to metal ones, so you can probably purchase them from QC. Maybe the local Home Depot/Lowes/Hardware store carries that sort of thing.

I had a QC with the plastic metal guards and just ended up taking them off and not replacing them.

I've scars from no guards - Quality Cage for sure! I've not seen them anywhere else, and I've looked!!

Ok, I have tried the plastic door edge protectors, but they just get chewed up. I remember seeing metal ones that you clamp on over the edge of the door frame, but I can't remember where I saw them. Does anyone know where I can find these?

Do you mean entry doors to rooms? I got some metal weather strips at Home Depot. They were sightly oversized, but we cut them down, and screwed them to the bottom edge of the doors. Trixie was curious at first, but now ignors them. Look in the sections where the storm doors and other door stuff is.

I am a fan of QC and pushed hard for the metal door frames. I am not sure why they are still only an option with their cages. The plastic is a potential hazard, as is the bottom 1x1 wire under the tray.

I got my door frames from http://www.klubertanz.com/Catalog.htm and a 1/2"sq slide in insert from QC.

Back