Meet Riff and Raff!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJR

the dreamer
Once upon a time, there were three female rats - a black self, a black hooded, and a hairless. Their owner didn't want them anymore, so she gave them to her cousin, who had two rats already. The total of five (all female!) rats in one cage didn't end well, with many bloody fights and squabbles. The cousin decided that he would give the hairless to a breeder and the other two as a dinner to an 11 foot long Burmese python.

BUT Pash came to the rescue and stole the future-meal-rats away! (Not really, he let me have them.) Pash named them Riff and Raff and they lived happily ever after.

Raff1.jpg

Raff has one heck of a deer-in-headlights look. I don't think she's ever had her picture taken.

Riff1.jpg

Riff is so sweet. She's not as brash as Raff UNLESS there is food involved... in which case, get out of her way!

Rafflikestoclimb.jpg

Raff also enjoys climbing!

wepeeeeeek.jpg

Ever since I put a hammock in, they don't spend much time in this house. As usual, Raff's big fat head is in the way.​

I love these girls!

ppffffftttt...Raff looks a little...confused, ha! She's gonna give you trouble, I can tell.

I'm glad you got them!!!

yay for the rescue from turning into python poop!

they are cuties for sure! looks like Raff still has some healing from 'war wounds' to do, eh?

yay for the rescue from turning into python poop!

they are cuties for sure! looks like Raff still has some healing from 'war wounds' to do, eh?

Yeah she does... I've been keeping an eye on it, it is healing very nicely. Two of the rats were mother and daughter and the mother was very protective. I imagine that's where that scratch came from.

I'm so happy they are with you now because I know they are going to have a great life and lots of fun with you. Riff and Raff are adorable and remind me why I love rats so much.

Back