MCBA Magazine

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EMSChins

Hendryx Chinchillas
I am just wondering if it is just me or has anyone else noticed that they are not getting all of their MCBA Magazines for the year? It seems like it started last year and is continuing through this year. I am not sure if I am just not getting mine or if they aren't being published? I know that I have considered taking out an ad but if the magazine isn't reliable not sure that it is worth the money to do so? Anyone have information on this?

I have also gotten them late but that is better than not getting them at all. I too have noticed the show date being prior to the date the magazine arrives.

I went back and checked and in 2011, I received all of the magazines.

In 2012 there was no May/June issue and I got several issues very late, and if memory serves I received 2 issues at the same time.

So far this year there has been no May/June issue. I don't recall results from Nationals being published either.

It is frustrating when I look forward to both my ECBC and MCBA magazines and ECBC is the only one I am receiving reliably.

Again, I don't know if this is everyone or just me???

Have you contacted MCBA?

I asked am officer of MCBA about it last year and was told they were behind, that was when I received the two magazines together shortly thereafter. Then I received a couple on time and now it seems like I am not receiving them again.

I posted here wondering if anyone else is experiencing this or if it is just something with me or my mail delivery?

Juanita,
I also seemed to recieve 2 issues together right around April/May, not sure about how many usually come out as I have only been getting them the last 2 years. I don't think it is just your mail delivery.

They are supposed to come out every month. So 6 in a year. It just seems like I am always missing the one that should have the results from Nationals in it. Sigh....

Well I don't believe that the MCBA magazines are monthly, maybe bimonthly at best. And it has been a while since I've seen a new one!?! They may of been waiting on show results before publishing. Just a guess.

Oops that was a typo. I meant every other month. Hence 6.

I never thought about them waiting on results but... Nationals was 4 months ago.

They are bimonthly. Jim has been waiting on show results, as this is the issue that has all of them from the last year. It should be out shortly.

The MCBA Magazine is a "newsletter" of upcoming shows, show results, and various articles written about chinchillas. It also has directories of breeders. We appreciate to your membership, and hope to see you at events and shows!

My husband gets the mail out of the mailbox more than I do. He's always quick to tell me my "mutant" magazine has arrived. :rofl:

He knows what MCBA stands for. He calls the chins aliens. Thus the mutant dig. Hee Hee

My husband gets the mail out of the mailbox more than I do. He's always quick to tell me my "mutant" magazine has arrived. :rofl:

He knows what MCBA stands for. He calls the chins aliens. Thus the mutant dig. Hee Hee

Well we received out mutant rodent magazines yesterday. Heard not everyone received one that should but hopefully in the next day or two.

Latest posts

Back