• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Chins-N-Hedgies and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Mazuri in Vancouver, BC?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LunaLuxe

Chinchillin'
I've been ordering my Mazuri pellets (for 2 chins) from Flower Town Chinchillas and find it to be a good deal ($13.95 for 10 lbs, which my girls eat in 3-4 months), however the shipping, as expected, is significantly more than the food. Money is tight these days so I'm wondering if I can find a similar deal on Mazuri (10-15 lbs) for pickup locally in Vancouver, BC in order to cut my costs. I'm currently in East Van and don't have a vehicle, so it would have to be accessible by public transit (or delivered for a fee).

I'm also keeping an eye out for local timothy hay sources, same deal (for pickup or delivery), smaller quantity than a bale because I don't really have a place to store it. So far the only place I know of that might be a good bet for me is the Vancouver Rabbit Rescue, which sells a pretty large bag of hay for $5 (which benefits the rescue).

Any info is appreciated! :)

Still looking for Mazuri in Vancouver! Is there really no one out there selling it? I'll survive shipping it over and over from Ontario, but I find it hard to believe there isn't someone a bus-ride away with a huge stash, lol. :hmm:

Have you tried emailing Purina to see where their nearest retailer is? We get it from our local Grange here in Issaquah, but I had to special order it for several months before they would stock it. (I'm probably the only chinchilla breeder on the eastside of Seattle). Now they have it waiting for me. A lot of pet stores too will order it in for you if they know you will be a routine buyer. I actually order my litter online as a repeat delivery and save a lot of money that way. And it comes to the house, I don't need to pick it up. See if Petco will sell it that way and deliver it to you. It comes through UPS.

Why don't you hit up the meeting in Langley BC and ask if anyone else brings it in? I know Serena of Chinchilla Park Place is on Vancouver Island, maybe you guys could meet up and carpool?

The meeting is December 7th, the information is on the website here;

Back