mating call???

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hyperzuzik

I have a 8 month chin male and he does lately that weird things. when I let him out of the cage to play and I pet him he starts squeaking (like when he plays and squeaks hapilly but more frequently) and "jumps" on my hand... what does it mean? He does that only outside. In the cage he is as usual and likes to cuddle...

He could be making the little communication "peep-peep" noises.... my girls only ever made those sounds outside of the cage. Or he could be making the annoyed noise (sort of a "kakk" sound) because he doesn't want to be petted right then.
If he's jumping on you, then he's probably just trying to play :)

he does something between happy squeaking and contact call but fast... and by jumping I mean he humps :) so I don't know what he means.... He liked it before when I peted him outside the cage...

I thought that I wrote this!!! Mine does the exact thing. Humps my hand and makes those squeaking noises!!! I think he's happy and trying to play plus I think that they are just males, if you know what I mean. Lol

Oh right, well if he's humping you, then yeah, sounds like he's hit that chin puberty stage!! Might pay to get him a "cuddle buddy" toy ;)

Latest posts

Back