Material to block an area?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yuudoku.Niji

So I want to block parts of my room off from the chinchilla I'm getting soon, and I want to use cardboard but I cant find panels/sheets big enough(or that are cheap enough to ship) that i need, so could I use poster board to block the areas? :/

What area are you trying to block exactly: doorways or are you trying to for a playpen? I wouldn't suggest poster board since not only are they flimsy but chins will chew that up. Have you tried looking for pens or baby fences? Remember you don't need to buy new, search craigslist and other places.

What area are you trying to block exactly: doorways or are you trying to for a playpen? I wouldn't suggest poster board since not only are they flimsy but chins will chew that up. Have you tried looking for pens or baby fences? Remember you don't need to buy new, search craigslist and other places.

My room is pretty large, and one half of it has my bed and dressers and the other half is open. I just want to separate the two areas cause I have some wires out and I don't want the chin im getting, getting into something I might've forgotten about on the floor and whatnot

I'm assuming you mean you bed and maybe a computer desk in your bedroom? I would try to get some jumbo boxes from a place like Ross or Walmart when they are restocking. Then use a box cutter to trim it up. What I used to do in high school was use my winter blankets to stuff the edges of my bed, but it was small, and low to the ground.

If you're looking for cardboard, go by someplace that sells appliances and see if they have any, or if they can keep some for you when they do. Most appliance boxes are huge.

I just got a playpen from amazon that I put my chins in when I clean the cage...Throw their dustbath, some hay, and some random chews and you're set :)

I get big pieces of cardboard from Menards. Places with kitchen cabinets, furniture, and appliances are good. I use a combo of baby gates (though many chins can jump over them!) and cardboard for a play area. But I sit in there with Idgie and interact with her, so she can't escape.

I used to use a pet playpen for Lola we first got her for out of cage time. I got it on Amazon and it was 4 feet around and about 3 feet high.

We weren't using it any longer for out of cage time so I broke it into sections and use the playpen walls as my blockade to keep her from the woodwork behind our couch and away from the wires at the desk area.

It makes out of cage time less stressful for her and us. We know she is contained to the room and can't get into things.

Latest posts

Back