Martins Vs Ferret Nation

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leowyldemi

so, i'm looking into getting kishi a longer cage, as the cage she's in now has plenty of up room but i feel it's a bit small across,
so i'm looking online, mostly at chinworld, and i see they have martins cages and and there are those on the board who use ferret nation cages, and i'm wondering which cage is better overall? is one sturdier than the other?
if i get the martins i was either going to get the R-680 or R-695

I've never owned a martins cage but I love my FN's. I've heard the Martin's cages are harder to clean than the FN's.

I own a martin's cage and a critter nation. I enjoy the critter nation much better. It was easy to assemble and is much sturdier than the martin's cage. The critter nation is also much easier to clean, and I enjoy the storage space on the bottom of the cage. Overall, I recommend the Ferret or Critter nation over a martin's cage.

With the FN though you need to have an extra pan done for the bottom. But I love my FN.

I have had both cages, and for the Money I think the FN is a better cage for cleaning. I loved both cages. It depends on what space you have and what you are looking to do.

I really like the FN's better. Like everyone else said they are more sturdy and easier to clean, but I also dont like to support Marshall. They mass produce ferrets which I dont agree with- that said, if someone gave me one I would take it but would rather have a FN.

The OP is asking about a Martin's cage, not Marshalls.

http://www.martinscages.com/company/

SORRY I had marshalls on the brain. I had a Martins (680)once, it was a really nice cage but you'll probably want to put something on the shelves that are wire so no toes get stuck. I usually used to put cardboard on them, then replace them every week or so. If yours are litter trained then you could use wood. At the time I had a male who pee'd everywhere! Cleaning is a little more difficult, I also found the cage bends more with every little thing that happends. I have a little one too that I used for when my male had surgery because he wasnt suppose to jump(cut his back leg open.) to stop him from ripping open his stitches.

well if i did get the martins i would definately be putting wood or cardboard on the ledges,and replace it every few days or so,she chews and also, i read somewhere that without releif wire ledges can lead to arthritis in the feet

Latest posts

Back