Marshall pet products

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tunes

Administrator/Owner
Staff member
Admin
Moderatr
For those who buy Marshall supplies, and they are wide and varied, you might want to know the company you are dealing with and supporting a little better.

http://www.care2.com/causes/2500-bea...are-freed.html

There are other things that they do as well, but I would say even without those things, this is enough to make you never buy another thing from them.

I have shunned Marshalls for years because they are the largest ferret mill in the US. A few years ago they tried to branch out into selling bunnies at pet stores, there are so many unwanted bunnies in shelters. I've always tried to provide sources to alternate products on forums and will go without stuff, no matter how cool I think it is, if it's a Marshalls product. Had I known about the vivisection division, I would have been denouncing them from the rooftops.

It is wrong and I don't believe any company that supplies pet products should be in that type of business. I can't imagine what the "bigger facility in China" holds.

They used to allow WSU Vetmed school to do one test on dogs/cats from the pound before they were humanely euthanized or done so during the procedure but that was stopped by activists while I was there.

Now they get their experience using people's pets. :\

I have no problem with vivisection for useful scientific purposes. It is the inhumane conditions the animals were raised in that bothered me.

Last edited:
Oh my. I don't care if they are specifically bred for it or not, the act of vivisection itself is completely inhumane as far as I am concerned.

I have no problem with vivisection for useful scientific purposes.]

Such as? I don't have the insides of a beagle, so I doubt that what they discover is germane to me. Cutting apart an animal that is already dead is one thing. Breeding dogs just so they can cut them open, while they are still alive, is horsecrap. I don't care what it's living conditions are. A pet supply company that sees nothing wrong with this practice needs to be shut down. Take a stroll through the pictures that pop up under vivisection on Google. That'll make you lose your lunch.

BTW, hopefully soon there will be no more animals used in labs period.

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/131574-living-organ-on-a-chip-could-soon-replace-animal-testing

They should have come up with this a LONG time ago. They have known for years that the results they were getting when using animals were not accurate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back