Manna Pro Sho Supplement for treat??

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mercynursie

Just saw this at the local Tractor Supply today- Manna Pro Sho Supplement. Manna Pro Sho feed is harder for me to get than the Manna Pro Pro formula and I was wondering if giving a few pellets of the Sho supplement as a treat would be okay? Currently feeding straight Blue Seal Show Hutch Deluxe/Oxbow but both are getting harder to get and pricier for eight wasteful little men.Looking to gradual change to a blend of the Sho Hutch Deluxe/Manna Pro Pro as I really want to have a hard pellet along with the extruded Sho Hutch Deluxe for better dental wear with 2 of my boys who aren't big on hay. Any opinions? I am assuming that the Sho supplement just adds the yucca,bromelain,minerals that the Manna Pro Pro pellet lacks . I have been able to determine that feeding both the Pro Pro and the Sho supplement together is safe for rabbits,but not sure about chins. As I said the supplement would only be given a few pellets nightly for their treat(in separate bowl).

IMO, WAY too high of fat, low fiber for a pet chin. Hominy and veggie oil as main ingredients also turn me off.

Crude Protein Min 14.00%
Crude Fat Min 6.00%
Crude Fiber Min 7.00%
Crude Fiber Max 12.00%
Calcium Min 0.75%
Calcium Max 1.25%
Phosphorus Min 0.60%
Salt Min 0.25%
Salt Max 0.50%
Copper Min 15.0 ppm
Copper Max 20.0ppm
Vitamin A Min 5,000 IU/lb
Vitamin E Min 1,000 IU/lb

Ingredients

Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Hominy, Wheat Middlings, Feeding Oatmeal, Soybean Meal, Vegetable Oil, Dried Whey, Brewers Dried Yeast, Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Fermentation Solubles, dl-Methionine, l-Lysine, Calcium Carbonate, Monocalcium Phosphate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Sodium Bentonite, Salt, Ferrous Carbonate, Ferrous Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Manganous Oxide, Manganese Sulfate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Zinc Oxide, Zinc Sulfate, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Cobalt Carbonate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Choline Chloride, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Dried Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Casei, Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Plantarum Fermentation Product, Dried Bacillus Subtilis Fermentation Product, Dried Aspergillus Oryzae Fermentation Extract, Papaya Extract, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Natural and Artificial Flavor.

Dawn, I found that the recommended serving size is 1tsp-1tbsp a day for rabbits.I just want to give a few pellets at night for a treat every other night in addition to the Manna Pro Pro pellet/Blue Seal mixture they are getting. Not planning on using even 1 tsp. Do you think it is too much still?

Latest posts

Back