Manna Pro Sho no mo'?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pyronymph

So, I went to buy my MPS at my local Tractor Supply and found NONE! I was told that TS is phasing out the Manna Pro all together. Has anyone else heard this or are my local employees confused?

I bought my first bag about 2 weekends ago. They only had Manna Pro out on the floor and it was for sale for like $13 for the 50# bag but not the Sho. I asked an employee and she grabbed it from the back but didn't mention about phasing it out.

I hope their not, I'm just now switching the chinnies over to it because its the only thing besides Mazuri I can get locally and Petsmart sells Mazuri for way to much for what I want to pay for a 5# bag.

I haven't heard this, but I sure don't like the sound of it!! Geez, I'm going to have to start making some calls!!

Thank you for the heads up, so at least I can investigate up here. <sigh>

Maybe she just meant their store was phasing it out. I can't imagine there is a huge call for rabbit feed in some areas, and so they find it isn't cost effective to carry it.

Update:

I went in and asked someone at the customer service desk today. He said that they won't be carrying it on the floor, but they will still be placing orders by request. I ordered some, but it will take 2 weeks to come in :/

thanks for the info.

Did they happen to say its a company wide thing or just that store? Either way, i'll make sure to call 2 weeks before I need it to order it, lol.

What store was this by the way? I noticed your in PA and I think Bass Pro also sells it if you have problems at Tractor Supply and have a Bass Pro near by.

NOOOO!!! I'm really hoping its just that TS (Sorry for you though, if it is).

I just switched my chins to this about 6 months ago because the place I was ordering Mazuri from greatly upset me when I ordered a bag of Mazuri before I ran out and 2 months later it still hadn't arrived. So I switched. I really don't want to go back to them.

Its so much cheaper buying it by the bag than buying offline (esp. w/ 9 chins) but I guess if it comes down to it, I'll be ordering offline again.

EDIT:

I justed called my tractor suppy and spoke with them. They said that they've heard nothing about phasing out (or stop selling) Manna Pro.

So I guess, it might be just some stores. Like if its not selling very well or something.

Last edited:
Originally I was told it was a company wide thing (I asked, b/c there are several that I would be willing to travel to) but on this last trip in, I asked if I could order some and they said that they could, but wouldn't be selling it on the floor anymore unless they got significant orders for it (specifically at least 24 bags per year).

Sorry to cause a panic, I was misinformed and panicked myself. We are safe.

It depends on the tractor supply. Mine told me that if they don't have it on the floor, they can't order it. They can only get what corporate sends them, and it seems very random. TS hasn't been reliable here, and they've only been open for nine months. 0.0

We are still carrying it

My local Tractor Supply is still going to carry it. In fact it's still on the shelf plan. They said it will probably be just in some stores that it will no longer be carried on shelf. I'm breathing a big sigh of relief.:thumbs:

Latest posts

Back