Manna Pro Rabbit food or Purina Rabbit Chow Show Formula

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephclint

Manna Pro Rabbit food or Purina Rabbit Chow Show Formula?

I plan to mix it with Blue Seal Show Hutch Deluxe.

I agree, just preference. A little personal insight though. The last feed I used was Blue Seal Show Hutch Delux. It's extruded, extremely digestable but doesn't do much for tooth wear. I used it for a long time until they increased the prices locally to a degree I wasn't happy to pay any longer. I switched to MannaPro PRO. My animals made the switch very well ;)

I have access to both the Purina Rabbit and Manna Pro feed lines and right now and with the current recipes/ingredients my herd is doing the best on Manna Pro PRO as well.

They do change their formulas and ingredients often so keep an eye on your herd. If you see a drastic change or something suspicious don't be afraid to swap feeds. Cold swapping to a balanced feed is better than continuing to feed a bad batch.

We use Manna Pro Sho for ours but again it does depend on what your chinnies like the most, we noticed that when we switched from Mazuri they started to eat better.

Manna Pro makes three different types. PRO, SHO and GRO.

After using all three over the years I have found that my breeding herd does best on the PRO.

I too use the PRO formula which some stores refer to as MannaPro Double Duty. Found that out when a fellow chin owner asked advice and called a store. The store informed them that they only carried MannaPro Double Duty which I'd never heard of. Did a little digging, it is the PRO formula. One and the same. A lot of people on here use SHO. I like PRO. No reason to switch.

Back