malibu had her babies

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinchillalover0927

to many chin chips??
mailbu gave birth yesterday morning to 3 babies. a mosiac female , a beige male, and a pink white female... they were fighting almost immediately and whne i found them the mosiac female was very limp...i believe the fighting caused this and she was exhausted but you never know...

im having to rotate them out because even with 2 they fight. the beige male is mean to ANYONE even if there are only 2 in with mom..
there weights were

mo F-48
Beige M-46
PW F-49

i have been rotating hollys babies out and putting one of malibus babies (the beige male that fights with everyone)because im figuring chinchilla milk is better than a supplement milk..she accepted the baby. Her babies are already eating hay and pellets so i figured that might be a little easier to rotate her kits out and put him in, if i shouldnt do that let me know.

beigemale.jpg

mosiacfemale.jpg

pwfemale-1.jpg

i had to put her in the glass because she wouldnt stay still..she has alot of bites on her ears and nose, i believe the ears are from the beige kit thats attacking them.

Have you carefully checked all the kits over really well, under the fur etc... to make sure there are no hidden bites that need treatment? Hope they all thrive. :)

she is cute but i was very confused where she came from lol...the girl told me she was bred to a beige male.. i didnt know a mosiac could spit out of that cross lol...

yes i have checked and didnt see any other bites

Wow, Three beautiful kits!! Sounds like mommy and you have some busy times ahead!

Those are beautiful kits! Bring me the PW and the Mosaic please... :-D Congrats!

malibu has been unrinating in one corner of her cage and sleeping on her back in it.... is there anything i can do to prevent this? she is in a small maternity cage on shavings. She use to be kept in wire caging

Back