Male or female? pic enclosed

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerri101

I think I may have mistaken I was sure my chin is a boy but im not sure now....

any expert advice on sex of chin would be appreciated I just want to me sure I keep calling chin-chin him...Ty so much

Attachments

• IMG-20120116-00273.jpg
    IMG-20120116-00273.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 77
It is hard to tell with the angle of that picture. Try taking another. When you do, put the chin on a table, facing away from you, and then lift it up by the tail until the back feet are not touching but the front are. Snap your picture.

It is hard to tell with the angle of that picture. Try taking another. When you do, put the chin on a table, facing away from you, and then lift it up by the tail until the back feet are not touching but the front are. Snap your picture.

OK I will try that I am just not wanting to call chin-chin a boy if hes a girl...or the other way around.... that's why I was having issues looking from other pics I just cant tell now!!

added another back view pic chin-chin was not to happy!!

Attachments

• chin 1.jpg
    chin 1.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
think its female but id wait for other forum member to agree or diasagree

think its female but id wait for other forum member to agree or diasagree

I have been calling chin-chin him for months now .....its like having a baby now lol not knowing .....I was so sure he was male...but then really got confused after looking at some sexing of chin pics!!!!!

looks female to me.

I think maybe that why chin-chin been looking at me funny now ......yikes.....

Ty so much for the input I feel bad when I was not sure and had doubts....either way I love chin -chin but its better knowing what she is

I think maybe that why chin-chin been looking at me funny now ......yikes.....

Ty so much for the input I feel bad when I was not sure and had doubts....either way I love chin -chin but its better knowing what she is

Yes, it's important to know, especially if you get another chin in the future. You'll want to get the same sex so they can't breed. I'm sure your chin doesn't know you've been calling her a him. Anyway I've attached two pictures of my chins. Sorry that they're blurry, the chins were squirming. You can see how there is a much longer gap in the male's anatomy, where as the female has a small slit, like yours.

The female is the first picture.

Attachments

• SDC11761.jpg
    SDC11761.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 53
  • SDC11762.jpg
    SDC11762.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 53
Yes, it's important to know, especially if you get another chin in the future. You'll want to get the same sex so they can't breed. I'm sure your chin doesn't know you've been calling her a him. Anyway I've attached two pictures of my chins. Sorry that they're blurry, the chins were squirming. You can see how there is a much longer gap in the male's anatomy, where as the female has a small slit, like yours.

The female is the first picture.

Ty for sharing, I assumed because there was a pointy out looking thing it was male......when I am ready I do want another chin but I am 100 percent knowing I would not want breeding .....I am good with pets and maybe will have another chin but I know I cant handle a ton of babies.....

Definitely a girl.

TY its been very helpful to have everyone here help when I have had questions or concerns and also fun to read some of the threads ....

for some reason its still taking a while to sink in and call her ...her......or refer to shin as "she" ......either way I still love here and if I ever get more chins they will be girls !!!!

Back