Making new shelves

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SactoChinMom

Every spring break, I try to make some new shelves for my boys. They always like to get in on the act.

008.jpg

010.jpg

006.jpg

Your chin is cute. Most of those shelves appear to be stained, and they still have the adhesive stickers on them... are you sure those are safe?

Your chin is cute. Most of those shelves appear to be stained, and they still have the adhesive stickers on them... are you sure those are safe?

Top pics are taking down the old shelves. Bottom pick is working on the shelves. Project not complete yet. I work on the floor of the chin play area when I'm installing hardware. Thanks for noticing.

By stained I meant finished verses unfinished KD pine. The tops (and I'm assuming bottoms) have an even, darker, coloration the edges, which makes it look like they've been painted with a stain. That's what I was observing in the photos.

Oh, I see what you mean. It's definitely unfinished KD pine. It's the camera that is making it look stained. That's a good thing for people new to chins to know -- that you have to use unstained, untreated KD pine for chinchillas (kiln-dried).

By stained I meant finished verses unfinished KD pine. The tops (and I'm assuming bottoms) have an even, darker, coloration the edges, which makes it look like they've been painted with a stain. That's what I was observing in the photos.
Some wood can look that way if not sanded. Wood gets much lighter when sanded.

Latest posts

Back