Making hedgie bags with fabric art

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tacotac

Hi there,

I thought it would be neat to make hedgie bags using fabric that I make designs & such on. I don't mean like embellishments, I mean like simple resists/patterns/art applied to the fabric itself. You make a pattern, etc. with bleach with a pen or stamp, etc, then after you dip it in vinegar to stop the effects of bleach/neutralize, & then rinse it in cold water, let it dry. Afterwards you would throw it in the washing machine to wash it like any of your clothes, & then use the fabric to make the outside of a hedgie bag, like the typical ones you see with cotton fabric on the outside & fleece liner inside. I don't see any harm in it really since it would be washed thoroughly like any of their cage liners/linens would be. What do you all think?

99151.jpeg

Yeah. That should work out just fine from a hedgie safety perspective. You'll have to let us know how well it works for you on hedgie fabrics (the fleece, flannel, corduroy). And, of course, post pics!!

With black fabric maybe try reverse tye dye with it, but most blacks bleach out to a reddish orange color. Not sure what color fleece lining would match with that. Maybe I'll just try art or designs on other color fabrics. Hopefully I would get white, or at the very least a much lighter color, like the pic I posted.

Just testing on some scrap fabric. I think making a stamp or using a bleach pen would work better. Spraying gives a nice effect, but it bleeds a bit, even with the stencil.

404738_721088277998_831760944_n.jpg

Back