Maizy's toe was bitten

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crys12065

Maizy's and Delilah are in a double fn with Maizy in the top cage. They both have the plastic pans because neither chews it and I haven't had the money to get a bass pan. I have a layer of fleece between the pan on te top and the wore bottom. Look like they can get to each other anyway because I noticed some dried blood on Maizy's shelf and freaked out a little. I picked her up to examine her and sure enough her little toe looks like it was bit :(
She doesn't appear to be in any pain from it. I tried to take a pic but it didn't come out to well, I was alone trying I hold a squirmy chin with one hand and take a pic with the other!
She seems ok except for bein upset with me for having to hold her.
Do you think she needs to be taken to a vet or will it heal on its own?

I feel bad, poor baby. I am ordering the bass pan for the top of the cage now. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346337742.811820.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346337870.124317.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She should be fine, no vet needed now. I would put some BluKote on it. You can get it at Tracktor Supply Centers or farm feed stores. Keep an eye on it for infection. If it becomes infected then see your vet.

Watch for aggression and be prepared to separate them just in case. If it was a bite it could happen again.
I hope she heals up well and there are no further incidents.

Back