Maizy being a spaz...??

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nope no stain on the wood, it is fir wood which I read was on the safe list? Maybe I should remove it then?

It's safe, but she might just not like the smell or the taste of it. I've also seen that reaction when they get a rosehip seed caught in their teeth.

Well, the alternative would be that she's in pain, but I would think that then you'd get that reaction anytime she chewed something. If it's specific to that cage item, it's definitely dislike. I wafted a container of Bag Balm under Nixi and Maia's noses and got a similar reaction... They furiously swiped their noses, backed up and shook their heads immediately, then they retreated, glaring at me as though I just poisoned them.

no, she chews on her wood treats and food just fine. It was only that time I have seen her do that. I guess she doesn't like it, lol well she likes to play in it so I will leave it.

I wouldn't be concerned Crystal. She's just spazzing out and settling into her new home. Based on your other photos she's looking more comfortable in your home.

Chia did this once after sticking her nose in the overflow drain of my bathroom sink. Definitely a reaction to something she doesn't like!

Back