Macbook help

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leah

For some reason my Macbook won't charge. The only way it will allow me to turn it on is if it is plugged into the charger. If I unplug the charger, it instantly turns off. The battery icon by the time says "battery is not charging" even when the charger is plugged in. It's just started doing this within the past few days.. help?

How close are you to an Apple store?

I'm guessing you need a new battery. Does the charger show amber or green? Have you tried removing the battery?

The closets Apple store would probably be about 2hours away in Atlanta.

The charger shows green.. I tried taking the battery out, but still no go. When turning the macbook on, the little charging icon shows, but when I click on it (where it normally says how long until charging complete), it just says "battery is not charging."

I just looked at the price for a new battery: $129.00.... ARGH.

Not still under warranty?

I have had to send mine to Apple twice because I plugged it in and it said "Not Charging". The dot on the charger glowed dim green.

Try a Mac forum for some better help!

This was a known problem with some Macs (and therefore might definitely be under warranty). Check with apple.com too.

they might replace it for free even though you don't have applecare and the computer isn't under warranty, but I'm not posivitive- I just know that it is a common problem with the older (black and white) macbooks (not sure about those new snazzy aluminum ones), and that the batteries in some were actually recalled. Call the apple store in Atlanta and see what's up.

If you can't get a free one, my next move would be to go to ifixit.com where you can buy apple parts. For one model, the batteries start at $80, so it's definitely cheaper than $150 (http://www.ifixit.com/Products/MacBook-13-Inch-1-83-GHz-Core-2-Duo-Batteries/17/106).

Latest posts

Back