Luna and Me!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lexie L.

Lexie
Hi, I just picked up my new hedgehog today and I'm so excited! She is a 3 month old albino baby girl. We've been looking for an albino for so long and we finally got an email about her. She is from an albino and apricot/cinnamon breeder, we looked in shelters (I volunteer at a dog rescue) but we live in east Texas so they're very hard to find. And we did not want one from a pet store at all. Her name is LunarBug, Luna for short, from Harry Potter, Luna Lovegood, and she also looks like a vermin found on the moon! Lol. But I think she's absolutely adorable. The reason I wanted an albino is because a friend of ours rescued a Lethal Australian Shepherd (blind and deaf) and I love that dog, I thought that the albinos kind of looked like him. She has a 30 gallon sterilite bin for now, we should have a 2x4 C&C cage ordered in a month or so. I was wondering though if a lamp is necessary, my room stays ususally above 75 degrees F. And can they eat dead mealworms? I've heard they won't eat live or they only eat live so any comments on that is appreciated. She'll be getting an albino boyfriend (not to breed, they probably won't even meet each other) and his name will be Draco. I have bought Blue Buffalo Indoor Cat food but the breeder fed Iams (he gave us some) is this a good brand? The Blue not Iams. The girl at our personally owned pet store told us hedgehog food was better when we were shopping the other day, but we went ahead and bought cat food. We also bought a run around ball but I broke it already so she's not going in there. Should I buy another? And we just got her today, so when should I give her a bath? She has dirty feet, but otherwise looks heathy. Last question is aspen bedding or Carefresh? We have Carefresh for our hamster and love it. Or fleece? We use fleece for the chinchillas cage. Any other help is appreciated. Thanks in advance! I'll try to put pics below.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 14
Welcome! :wave:
Your new baby girl is adorable! Sorry, I don't know much about hedgies. I know a lot people do use fleece, although I know they like to burrow, so maybe you can use some care fresh for that reason.

Back