Love Cesar or hate Cesar.....

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CTChin

defender of all animals
you have to admit his pitbull, Daddy, was an incredible ambassador for the breed. At 16 years of age he had to be put down today :(

RIP Daddy.

Daddy was actually Redman's pit bull. I saw it one of the episodes they talked about Daddy went to Cesar when Redman was away. I don't know if Redman then turned Daddy over to him.

RIP Daddy a true pit bull and a truly remarkable breed ambassador.

Daddy was actually Redman's pit bull. I saw it one of the episodes they talked about Daddy went to Cesar when Redman was away. I don't know if Redman then turned Daddy over to him.

Yep. He did. Redman officially gave the dog to the family a little while ago.

RIP Daddy :(

I am not a Cesar fan, I think the information that he gives and his methods are extremely dangerous in the wrong hands (which is 90+% of the population).

I saw this on his fb page... so sad. I hope that Junior is able to carry on the great things that Daddy did for the breed!

I am not a Cesar fan, I think the information that he gives and his methods are extremely dangerous in the wrong hands (which is 90+% of the population).

This thread is about Daddy.

Daddy has been in Cesar's "possession" for many years now. Redman might of owned him on paper but that was it.

I have never been a Cesar fan but as a pit bull lover and rescuer I can't deny what a great ambassador Daddy was. May he run free at the bridge.

I read the Redman gave Daddy to Cesar because he didn't feel he could give the dog the attention he needed while on the road. He figured Daddy would have a good life with Cesar, and Cesar did right by him. Recently, Redman signed Daddy over to Cesar.

:( Awww... this is sad. Seeing the Cesar's pits helped RJ and I become more open-minded toward them - we even adopted one.

Regardless of whether or not you agree with his methods (I know I don't agree with some of them), there was never a question that he cares deeply for his dogs (just read his magazine). I feel so sorry for he and his family, and I hope Junior is able to continue his legacy.

Daddy was an awesome dog. Hopefully Junior has picked up a few of his traits from being around him.

My family and love to watch Cesar...don't agree with everything he does, but he does get results most of the time.

How and why did Cesar end up with custody of Daddy. Does anyone know the story? I'm interested.

From Cesar Milan's book "A Member of the Family": Mr. Milan started out training the rottweilers (and one little frou frou dog of some kind) of the Will and Jada Pinkett Smith family in L.A. They were instrumental in helping him learn English, get his green card, and start his business by recommending him to their friends with dogs. One of those was rapper/actor Red Man (Reginald Noble) who got Daddy to complete his image. (You're not living "the thug life" without an "aggressive killer dog", right? :vomit:)

In the book, Milan said that Red Man wanted "a dog, not a lawsuit", so Milan trained Daddy and agreed to board him at the "dog psychology center" in LA when Red Man was away from home. Since that was quite a bit of the time, Daddy became a founding member of the pack, and a few years ago, Red Man transferred ownership to Mr. Milan b/c the dog was at the center more than anywhere else. Milan kept him on an holistic, raw-based diet for the last 6 or 7 years, which is what I think contributed to his ripe old age. 16 years for a dog of unknown breeding and background is a good long run.

The Milan family has my deepest sympathies; it's always terrible to lose a family member, especially since we never have enough time with the furry ones.

Oh no, I hadn't heard this. I had noticed he looked a bit slower in some of the more recent shows but I thought it might just be age...how sad. I really like the show and I love seeing Daddy on there

Back