Loud silver surfer in a fn?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PonyoHAM

Perhaps I didn't mount it correctly? mine came wobbly in the mail and I thought I fixed it for the most part... Maybe this has something to do with the rattle? I have a ferret nation which is pretty sturdy and have the wheel affixed to the bottom left side... Would placing it in the back against the wall of the fn make it more stable? What's the proper way to mount it and what has everyone else done? Any tips? Thanks! Srry for all the questions!:))

Mine came warped in the mail also and I've had the same problem! I have tried straightening it many times and it's a little better (quieter)...I guess I'll just keep messing with it!

I replaced the small washer it came with, with a larger one. It's taken down the noise level.

My silver surfer is pretty noisy also. I do have sticky-back felt between the doors and frame, where the chins can't reach. That helps with the rattle.

I feel like the fn is one of the sturdiest cages out there... Does anyone have a fn and a silver surfer that doesn't rattle in it? Is it possible to get it to be quiet? I just want to know if there is a light at the end of the tunnel...

Mine does not rattle. However, the entire cage shakes when Artie is running full steam. I can't stop that noise

I replaced the small washer with a larger one as well and I also took a small scrap of fleece folded it a few times and wedged it under those two little tab things that go over the bars and both my wheels are completely silent now. I get a little noise just from the cage shaking a bit when someone is really energetic!

Yeah, I unfortunately have two Silver Surfers, and they are well below the quality of the Flying Saucer. It should have a better design overall as they are noisy and shake way too much. My Silver Surfers have always been noisy, and now they are getting worse. At least the Flying Saucer has replaceable parts and work right from the start....none of this business about bending stuff back into place. My Flying Saucers are certainly outlasting the Silver Surfers....I am NEVER buying another Silver Surfer!

I apparently mounted mine wrong... I didn't secure the bottom washer and thumb screw well enough and I adjusted the placement of the bars. It's super stable and quiet now I can only hear their feet which I find cute anyway! My fn wobbles a little bit but I think any cage would with a wheel ... I love my silver surfer!

Same, ours is incredibly noisy. Not a FN though, ours is a Prevue. We ended up putting some cardboard in between the panels to keep them from rattling.

Ours came totally warped too. I had to bend it back in place. I was thinking of returning it but I can't bring myself to. Vincenza is obsessed!

We're hoping it gets a bit better in our QC

Latest posts

Back