Lost dog

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChinchillaSteve

Property of Stevie!
My Jack Russell got away.
Three days already ...

I'm just so tired. I've been searching for 2 days straight.
Today after hanging posters and such people had seen him in a neighbourhood nearby.
But I just can't find him :(
It seems he's panicking or something, and keeps running across little fields to other streets.

I just want my buddy back, it's so quiet in the house.

Just had to vent ...

Attachments

• DSCN0065-1-1[1].jpg
    DSCN0065-1-1[1].jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 97
I am so sorry to hear that your adorable little dog is missing. It is so scary when they are gone and you just can't find them fast enough. When we got our doberman a couple of years ago, he was a rescue dog of 7 months of age. We had just gotten him and had to leave for an hour. We locked him in the garage. When we got home, the garage door was open and our dobie was gone. He didn't have a collar on since we had just gotten him. We live on a 50 mph road, out in the county, and were freaked that something bad had happened to him. Long story short, we got him back the next day, but that felt like eternity! I sure hope you find your dog soon, safe and sound, and back home where he belongs!

Try to lay out something of your scent in the neighborhood they see him running in. It may help to draw him out and relax to know you are around.
Good Luck.

I really hope you find him! Make sure to call shelters/dog control where you are in case he got picked up.

Let every police station and animal shelter know you are missing him. The more people you tell, the more likely he'll be returned. Does he have a collar and tags on? Is he microchipped? I hope you get him back.

Got back again.
It's raining alot!

I called the 3 nearby shelters, spreaded some leaflets, and asked people around town, also I went to the police station from day one.

He is microchipped, problem is that he's very afraid of people he doesn't know.
I got him from a shelter so I thought maybe he would return ... no luck

He had a leather collar with our phone number on it but he pulled it of his head when he got spooked by some workers. That's how he got lost.

Maybe someone got him and will bring him in tomorrow as it's sunday and the shelters are closed.

Sad news ...
Not that far away my mother found remains of what appears to be our dog :(

It was laying next to the freeway ...
She's almost sure it's our dog.

I've cryed ... but also i'm relieved the days of searching and false hopes are over.
I don't want to see it, if it turns out it's not ours ... well I don't know

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I truly hope that the remains weren't of your dog.
I've had my dog stolen (yes, stolen) before & that really broke my heart. So I can't imagine how it must feel like to lose your dog.

Back