Lost Baby Chinchilla

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

notrubskwah

I got a baby chinchilla to give my other chin company and i have had him for about 2 weeks but he has disappeared without a trace. I chinchilla proofed my bedroom so they could play and they had been playing when i let them out really good. But then 2 days ago the baby one has just vanished, I know you think i may be crazy but there is no trace of this chinchilla. There is no sounds no poop trails nothing, i have stayed up at night to see if i coulde hear him, i dont think he got out of the room, i checked behind and under everything even nooks and crannies because i know they can squeeze about anywhere. I put food and dust in the other rooms but nothing has messed with any of it, i looked under the house down in the cellar and up in the attic, i have took out drawers in every dresser, etc, checked closets, toilets, couches and furniture, I just dont know what to do now, I cant possibly think of anywhere else to look. Does it seem hopeless now, any thoughts please.

That's terrible, i really hope you find that baby and that it's not hurt or anything. my thought it leave out treats or something and see if it takes it or if the treat is gone. and is you really think it's still in the room leave water and food somewhere you know it can get to because if its just hiding and not stuck it could possibly get to it. i mean its better than nothing. but hopefully the chin is not stuck somewhere :/
good luck

Well move furniture out and check the walls, I had a chinchilla eat its way to the hollow part of a wall once and he also got stuck in their, had to dig him out.

If there are windows in the room that were open check to see if the screens are loose or have holes. Also, I don't know what type of room it is but you might want to dismantle all the furniture to look for a dead baby. =( If he got in a weird spot and stuck he might be dead or dying if you didn't hear any sounds. Id pull apart dressers too to see if he stuck inside a drawer and is currently stuck. If you have a couch I know my girl likes to get up in there when she escapes, hard to spot her and I had to take it apart to get to her hiding spot once.

I hope your story has a happy ending.

Also if this fails you might want to assume he got out of the house some how and canvas your yard and neighbors or even the animal shelter just in case.

Sorry for your loss, I guess your second post didnt make it through the mods before my reply. The most you can do is figure out how it happened so you can prevent something like that in the future. =(

yeah same thing guess your reply wasn't fast enough to be approved, im sorry for the loss that's terrible hope you can figure a way to keep that from happening :/

Latest posts

Back