losing weight?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sugargliderlove

Hedge Addict
I added blue longevity to sonics kibble. he does not like it at all. before I added it to his kibble he weighed 455.6 grams on 1/4/13 when I weighed him yesterday he weighed 428.8 grams. I am think it might of been him not liking the new kibble he ate it at first then he stopped. I took out the blue and gave him the other kibble. should I be concerned about this amount of weight loss in a 2 week period?

according to the book I have it says he is underweight. but I am not sure of i should be concerned cause he looks healthy

That is an average weight but every hog is different. The best thing to do is to look at him from above and look at his shape. If he is tear dropped shape or twinkie shaped then that is ok. If his sides curve in like an hour glass he is underweight.

I don't think the weight loss is concerning because hedgies can drop that much after a good poop. But another opinion wouldn't go amiss. *ahem smhufflepuff cough**

I have been giving him 2 tbs a night of kibble and he has been leaving around 6-8 peices. Im guessing he is eatting 1 1/2 tbs a night

Latest posts

Back