Looking rough

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessica

Marble is going through a prime right now and there is chinchilla hair flying everywhere. I comb a little everyday to help get some of it because it bothers him. This is the worst he's looked during a prime because there are tags of fur hanging out all over his bum. How can i get him to tolerate a longer combing session because he hates it. If he sees that metal comb he starts making noises and will not come to me. He looks dreadful and what annoys me is it can be fixed if only he would let me comb him a little longer than it takes for him to eat a couple of timothy hay blooms. I pick those things out of his hay so I can groom him.

I have one that chases their tail when I groom him. I basically just hold him by the base of the tail, let him try to escape or get his frustration out, eventually he stays still.

I usually hold them at the base of the tail and will rest them on a towel facing away from me. If they are too squirming and won't sit still then I will hang them by the base of the tail and comb them that way. It doesn't hurt them and eventually they will give up

None really seem to "like" being combed, but they usually get easier to comb every time as they get used to it.

I entice one with some oats while I comb him. He still squirms a bit, but it's much less than without any oats to entice him.

Latest posts

Back