• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Chins-N-Hedgies and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Looking for FIXED male chin

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EmilyLiliLove

SassyChinchillasRescue
I would like to get a playmate or two for my female. She is close to her first heat and i no longer feel comfortable letting her play with the males i have. I have tried to get her to play with my other females but she attacks them. Age doesn't mater, would prefer mosaic, white or extra dark ebony. I am located in Milwaukee, WI bu am willing to travel about an hour for one or even to madison. I already have a cage and other supplies so i don't need any of that just the chin.
MUST BE A FIXED MALE!!

A few things, how do you know she's getting close to her first heat? If she is any age over 3mos she may've already had her first heat and if you had her w/males she could be pregnant.

Second, if she is attacking other chinchillas in general she should probably be housed alone. There really is no absolute NEED for a chinchilla to have a cagemate....especially when they have aggression issues towards other chinchillas.

A few things, how do you know she's getting close to her first heat? If she is any age over 3mos she may've already had her first heat and if you had her w/males she could be pregnant.

Second, if she is attacking other chinchillas in general she should probably be housed alone. There really is no absolute NEED for a chinchilla to have a cagemate....especially when they have aggression issues towards other chinchillas.

She is about 3 months. I don't want him as a cage mate, its for during playtime. she LOVES males and refuses to play without another chin with her. she only attacks females. she used to be caged with a fixed male and did fine. She is the "brat" of my chin family.

As they hit puberty their personality changes. since she 'used' to get along with a fixed male doesn't mean she still will now that the hormones are kicking in. Chins don't need play mates. If she attacks other chins she clearly telling you she prefers to be alone

As they hit puberty their personality changes. since she 'used' to get along with a fixed male doesn't mean she still will now that the hormones are kicking in. Chins don't need play mates. If she attacks other chins she clearly telling you she prefers to be alone

but she literally won't play without my other males i have tried it and she just sits and makes whimpering sounds. i watched her do it for over an hour today. I just don't want her unhappy. :(

She is still a baby in her mind. That's why she feels insecure and makes those sounds. As she gets bigger and matures that will become less frequent. Kits under 6 months old shouldn't be given play times anyway. They burn more calories than they should which can stunt growth or cause other health problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back