Look what we did!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chin_lvr

So, how many things do I learn for the benefit of my chinchillas??

1) I bought and learned how to use a jig saw! (and didn't lose any fingers, mine or the chins!) I was able to make cool wooden shelves for their cages!

2) I have learned how to identify trees and bake wood treats!

3) Now, I've recruited my mother (who's not a fan of "rodents") to help me make a really cool Chinchilla house.... Although still not a fan, we sure had fun making the house!!

And planning to bring HER potato salad to the Atlantic Chapter Show next week (half because it's awesome, and half out of spite)

You gotta love your mom....:wacko:

Attachments

• our chin house.jpg
    our chin house.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 108
And our chinchillas are sure worth it, aren't they?!!! Your house looks great! You have some very lucky chins!

Thanks! I think so! I really would like to do some stackable block/maze playgrounds that my 4 year old could organize/stack, then be able to watch the chins play in their playground. But thats going to take a lot more work.

Mom had fun as she learned more about working with dowels...win-win....I still like accessorizing the house with goodies!!! Yeah that's the stuff that fills my head in downtime!!!

I like your chin house and the accessories that you places around it....what is neat is that is one sturdy chew toy that will last a while really neat great job!

Where did you find the wood to make the house? Ive looked everywherr and cant fins amything thinner than 1 inch.. id like to get some 1/4 inch chin safe wood for the house. 1 inch is just way to thick

love the house!

i consider chins to be one of my hobbies. and we all need to spend money on our hobbies, right?!!

I believe it was 1" poplar. We used a dremel trio for the circle holes, they're rather rough, but I figured the chins wouldn't mind...they'll chew it anyway!

It's not as nice as my houses from Christine by far, but it was fun because "I did it" for them. I'm cleaning cages later tonight, maybe I'll be able to take a quick shot of them sleeping in there...it's the new "awsome sleeping spot" for my two youngest chins!

Back