loofah bits as treats

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenko

Mips loves loofah and will come running at the sound of me ripping off little bits--it's been really nice as a training aid--if he hops onto my lap, he gets a little chunk as a treat. I've been careful not to give him too much--he gets in aggregate what would be about a square inch of loofah every couple of days.

I just wanted to make sure this was ok for him in the long run...is there such a thing as too much loofah?

He definitely is eating it. Just to clarify, this is chin-safe loofah that I order from a vendor in the forums.

I don't think there's anything wrong with it, especially since you're giving him tiny bits. Maybe to be on the safe side, just give him all natural loofah vs. dyed/flavored if you're worried.

I've never seen or heard of loofah being problematic. Our chinchillas have colored loofah and natural loofah in their cages all the time in various shapes and amounts and they are both fine.

I'm glad to hear that! Thank you for the information, everyone!

My chins really enjoy the loofah too! I don't see where "too much of it" would pose a problem to your chin! :)

Back