LM animal farms?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leowyldemi

does anyone know if LM Animal Farms Vita Vittles chinchilla food is a good food?
we moved and the neares pet store is about an hour away,however the local tractor supply company sells this brand of food for chinchillas, they also have the brand in guinea pig food and rabbit food.

Definitely not. It's loaded with sugar, which chinchillas can't have (Raisins, Dehydrated Bananas, Cane Molasses). I feed Oxbow, but if you use the search feature at the top, you'll find a bunch of other options for high quality feed, most of which you can buy online or from members on here. I order from Sandi every few months for my four.

For those who want the ingredients:

Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Wheat Middlings, Whole Oats, Dehulled Soybean Meal, Soybean Hulls, Corn Distillers Dried Grains, Solvent Extracted Linseed Meal, Ground Corn, Raisins, Dehydrated Bananas, Cane Molasses, Dried Whey, Calcium Phosphate, Calcium Carbonate, Salt, Yeast, Soybean Oil, Propionic Acid (a Preservative), Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex, Vitamin E Supplement, Riboflavin, Calcium Pantothenate, Niacin, Choline Chloride, Dried Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Extract, Dried Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Fermentation Extract, Dried Aspergillus Oryzae Fermentation Extract, Dried Aspergillus Niger Fermentation Extract, Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Extract, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Folic Acid, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Manganese Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, DL-Methionine, Copper Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Cobalt Carbonate, Sodium Selenite, Anise Flavor, Color Added (Blue #1, Yellow #5, Yellow #6), Ethoxyquin (a Preservative).

Source: http://www.tractorsupply.com/small-animal-food/lm-animal-farms-trade-vita-vittles-trade-chinchilla-diet-2-lb--2183367

Just a quick look at the ingredients and that is a huge no. Lots of garbage in that food. Check out the classified here, many ship quality food that will end up cheaper.

Tractor supply sells purina rabbit and Manna pro rabbit. Both of those diets are better than the one you are inquiring about. Much better!!

thanks:) i'm currently feeding her oxbow and she loves it, she had mazuri before that but they no longer sell it locally, i'll check out the purina rabbit food

Latest posts

Back