Lixit quick lock flip top water bottle

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missyjre

I bought these bottles for my girls as they are the only valve type bottles i could find locally. Both bottles have developed leaks in the same place and I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problems. The girls can't get to the bottles to chew them as they stick out a bit from the cage and have fleece covers. Not to mention the leaks are quite high and there is no access to the part that is leaking. Adding a picture of the bottle so there is no mistaking the make.

076711003517c.jpg

Ive had one of these bottles and yes, I had problems with it leaking, but only from the top and only if I filled it too close to the top. Where is yours leaking from?

Lixit does have another valve type bottle now though, that Petsmart sells both at the store and online. They are around 10.00 for the large ones but I found my chins like it better than the one you show here.

No mine not anwhere near the top, it's along the seam just at that first little ridge up from the bottom. I never fill it anywhere near the top.

There might just be a defect with the seam on that one. I really like the new lixit bottles, as they have none of those seams. I do know that on one of mine, every time I would put that plastic holding ring on it, it would cause water to come out, so I switched to a metal spring holder with it and that helped too.

I had one but it dripped constantly and made the cage a mess! I'm not sure it had leaks on the actual bottle though.

Latest posts

Back