live camera

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't heard of anyone doing that. Maybe someone has.

But I will say that I've thought about doing it so I can see what they do when I leave for work.

"Hey, he's gone. Let's move everything around in the cage and tip over the food bowl!"

I have a friend who sets up a webcam with Skype so she can monitor her dog or just look in on the cuteness while she sleeps. So she ends up calling her dog. I think it's pretty funny and genius. You could do the same with the cam pointed at the chin cage(s) I suppose?

The only time I ever "thought" about a live cam is when I go on vacation other than that no. My boys sleep during the day and that would just make me sleepy watching them sleep. :tired:

If i was going to do a live cam on my chins, it would be at night while I am sleeping!

Those little buggers are busy at night!

i think it will be handy when I'm not home say going away for a weekend or when I suspect he is sick or something and he wouldn't show when I'm around. Im thinking of networking laptop with the desktop at home and running skype or some kind of software on it. If something happened then I can call neighbor to come to the house.

I thought of that, but I would likely have it pointed to their temp gauge...it is more important I know if the A/C goes out here in Texas than watch them sleep.

I actually did have a live webcam running, and was broadcasting it over the net. I was doing "delivery watches" on my pregnant chins. It didn't last long, however, as the camera and the laptop it was connected to got covered in dust too often for my liking.

I've thought about bringing my webcam and broadcasting a show, but the only show I go to that had wireless internet in the showroom was Mansfield, and that show has now moved locations.

I actually did have a live webcam running, and was broadcasting it over the net.

So you do have webcam running? How can you do that exactly? I just bought a webcam and was playing with it. But we don't know how to network both computer to see the live view of the other end

Latest posts

Back