Little questions! Whining, and little bites.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxYukai

I have so many questions, and I just want your opinions on it. Patch is my first chin I've had for a couple months and I'm very happy with him. C:

1. Whenever I let my little boy out for playtime he ends up squeaking at some point. Usually I will have to get out of his playpen to check the time and I'll get distracted for only 2 minutes. He will eventually bounce off the playpen's walls and whine like a dog! I come running over to see if he's okay or if he's hurt and he acts like it's nothing! Do you think he just wants attention?

2. I also find when I leave my baby alone for a short period of time during playtime he ends up just hiding under his cage doing nothing until I come back inside. I think maybe he loves my attention? He'll stay in my general area when I'm inside with him.

3. Sometimes my chinchilla will have a day when he's very worked up and hyper! In these times he also gets a little rough. He likes to crawl under my legs to sit inside my lap and by doing so he nips at a certain place on my ankle so I move and he'll sit himself right in my lap! He seems attached to me. I guess he likes company C: !

Thanks!

sounds like your little guy is quite bonded to you already!

answer for 1: he's probably making the contact sound, looking for you when you leave the play pen. it's a normal noise for them, and nothing to be concerned about.

answer for 2: you shouldn't leave a chin unsupervised during play time at all. it only takes a few seconds for them to get into something or find a way to get out of the play pen. i keep Rhino within my sight all the time when he's out of his cage.

3. yep, very bonded to you. the nipping may be him grooming you, albeit a bit roughly. my Rhino will sit on my shoulders or on my head and groom my ears pretty rough sometimes. i call him my evil little ear piercer, lol.

Latest posts

Back