Little Man's circle of life. . . .

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelley

In 2006 I received a phone call from my oldest son Chad that was stationed at Mt Home AFB in Idaho that a fellow Airman was being transferred and asked if Chad would want "Cocoa". So he came to live with Chad.

I honestly had no clue what a chin was and had to look it up.

The first time I met "Cocoa" now Little Man all I could do was look at him and go "those are sure some HUGE freckle ears little guy".

In 2008 Chad was being transferred to Hawaii and because of the weather and the chance he might be sent to Afghanistan he asked if we could keep him.

So Little Man became grammy's lil poop monster and to say I got attached is a understandment.

I deceided I better learn about them and contacted several breeders and Linda Clark was the one that invited me to her home to check Little Man out. I remember asking her if I should leave him in the car and her response was "you can't leave precious cargo like that in the car"

I really didn't know what color Little Man was and when Linda first saw him her comment was "he is a gorgous tan wrap". She checked him out and then said those words that no one wants to hear "malo".

So off to the Vet we went and after being confirmed it was deceided to enjoy what time we had left with him.

The hardest part was Chad was in Afghanistan and we did a lot of crying on the phone and he didn't get to say good bye. Little Man passed about a month after being diagnosed, was cremated and is now in Hawaii with Chad.

This was a year ago and since then I've been trying to find a tan wrap with freckle ears and they are just not to be found.

to be continued. . . . . . . .

I'm sorry about Little Man. I know you'd like another Tan but there are many chinchillas that would make a wonderful, loving, playful pet. But I'm sure if you really have your heart set on a Tan you'll find one. Just posting on here you are looking for one will probably produce some offers for you. Good luck.

Aw, that's so sad. I'm assuming Little Man's previous owner was not aware of the Malo, so you guys just might have saved him from a painful end if it had gone undetected for longer.

That's definitely a unique story of how you got into chins, though. Most of us are all "well I saw one a a petstore/CL/etc and looked it up".

Back