Litter Pans and Liners

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lily&Lucy

Hi all,

So I finally got around to making my liners about a week or two ago now. (I borrowed a sewing machine) Before I had the liners I had started using a pyrex pie pan with some shavings. My chinnies mostly utilized that. After putting in the fleece I notice they don't mainly use that any more they tend to go where ever on the fleece, which is fine. My question is: if you have liners, do you still use shavings in a litter box set up or do you just use the liners? I just ran out of shavings and I'm trying to decide if I should even bother buying more.

I only use fleece for my chins. I added a litter box when I was fostering a trio because they racked up odor quite a bit faster then my single chins.

I use liners and a litter pain with shavings. My girl uses her litter box for the most part although she has pped in her food twice in the last couple weeks.

I don't use litter pans. I basically vacuum the poo off of the liners pretty much daily and wash and change the liners twice per week.

Latest posts

Back