Litter box ideas

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taywin

So i currently have a litter box that is plastic just one of those cheap things you get at the pet store. My chin loves to eat it... which is bad! So i'm wondering what you guys do for litter boxs if you use one. Ceramic or glass? any ideas would help. Thanks

I got large metal dog food dishes from Walmart years ago. They look almost like pie pans. I'm not sure if they still carry them or not, but they are perfect size.

I have a Pyrex pie pan, a Pyrex rectangular storage container (about 3"x6"), and a heavy square glass bowl (about 4"x4"). I found them all in the clearance section of either Wal-mart or Target.

I have glass Pyrex dishes in my cages. The girls have never tried to bite them. I also use mini le creuset bakers to hold their toys.

I have 3 plastic litter pans (came with my chins when i got them and they came off of kijiji) and they came chewed but they didnt have any chews when we got them.

We supply them with tons of chews and they dont bother with them anymore. And they havnt chewed their plastic wheel or their pans since we got them either. They have a need to chew and i think we just curbed it to wood only. (Their cage pans came nibbled on as well) But since we stocked them with plenty of shelves and chews they dont nom on the plastic.

Latest posts

Back